ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

While I admit that I think Valentines Day is a completely hacked holiday so that the greeting card and floral industries can do a bit more business-- in this economy I encourage helping out any business so let's just go forward-- grab some expensive flowers (La Jolie Fluer on Park Ave in Worcester is the best floral shop anywhere-- give them a call 508.752.2272 or visit their website)

I picked up this sweet piece of art for myself:

The Watermark isn't on the original
It's a group of DC Superheroes at the last supper.   Yes, there are TONS of last supper parodies out there but this one is great because the style of the figures fits the era of Da Vinci's original.  It's slightly crude in it's technical aspects but the absolute selling point for me was Robin seated to Batman/Jesus' left.  Brilliant!

I'm going to have it framed in an elaborate gold frame and hang this proudly...somewhere.

And REMEMBER- TONIGHT is LIFE DRAWING OPEN SESSION at WAM!
7:30 - 9:30pm at the Worcester Art Museum 55 Lancaster Street.
Admission is $10