ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Me Like ME-TV!


ME-TV was briefly on a Satellite Station here in the Big Woo (45 miles from Boston) and it was a mixed blessing because they'd switch to Infomercials at 10pm every night cutting out some of the best shows the channel has to offer.

Eventually that channel went all commercials, so the only time I'd get to see ME-TV was when I'd be at a hotel somewhere else.

The channel features classic television shows like
DRAGNET, BATMAN, PHIL SILVERS, WILD WILD WEST, THE GREEN HORNET, DICK VAN DYKE, LOST IN SPACE, HOGAN'S HEROES, PERRY MASON, THRILLER WITH BORIS KARLOFF, TWILIGHT SOZEN, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, BEVERLY HILLBILLIES, STAR TREK, THE HONEYMOONERS and more.

So it was a great channel.

I read a while ago that WCVB in Boston launched channel 5.2 as a ME-TV feed.  Not on my satellite system so no use.

I tried using the built in antenna of the TV to pick up the station, no luck.
Then I decided I'd try buying an antenna, and not one that you put up on the roof mind you-- I don't have that kind of energy.  I'm talking one that sits near the TV and plugs into the back.  More than six minutes of effort here and forget it.

I bought this dopey looking thing from Amazon

SUPERSONIC DIGITAL ANTENNA
Plugged it in, went to channel 5.2 and nothing.  Just snowy screen.

It only cost me $12 so I figured I'd take the loss and not even bother to send it back, then I decided to go to SETUP>ANTENNA on my TV-- and after about four minutes of programming the channel was coming in crystal clear!  As good as my HDTV stations provided by DirecTv!

Wow!

Now I can watch this great channel for FREE!
Combined with my Roku WiFi viewer to watch Amazon Instant Videos, Netflix and Warner Archives I just might ditch the satellite all together.  Just have to figure out how to get College Football.