ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Green Ghost

My latest project is to do a take on the great pulp characters like Doc Savage and The Shadow in the form of THE GREEN GHOST.  I'm challenging myself to write one complete pulp novel (30,000 words) a month for it as well as produce a comic book, a simple video game, membership kit (free to anyone who mentions FISHWRAP) and possibly even an app for reading it on your iPod/iPad.

I love the pulps, but produced at breakneck speeds and with conventions imposed by the publishers I always found flaws with the characters.  I'm really pushing to work through that and creating a character and cast that is familiar but unique at the same time.  Check out the website too.

The first chapter of the first issue is up for free and available for download.  The pulps will be illustrated just as they were in the 30s and 40s.