ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Twitter

Cheryl Wants to Be Your Friend!
I still think TWITTER is stupid.  99% of what's posted on there is mindless chatter, but that's the point isn't it?  Someone described it as being at a cocktail party and walking around hearing snippets of conversation-- I think that's extremely accurate except I'd add it's like being at a cocktail party with mostly people you don't know and you came in late.

Twitter reminds me of those great BING commercials about the overload of search engines.  I really just don't get it.

Veronica does-- she posts that a bicyclist crashes in front of our apartment and has 500 followers.  Do those 500 people really care about either Veronica or the bicyclist?  She's my wife, I care about her-- but I'm not sure I'd follow her on Twitter-- and that's not meant as an insult to her-- if I want to know what's going on with her I ask her and she tells me.  That's the magic of friends.  REAL friends, people.  Not virtual friends, not people you don't even know but yet you consider them a friend because you talk to them online.  They could be sitting on a pile of dead girl scouts in their dungeon basement with a lampshade made out of mom but because they have a friendly avatar and a cheery name we accept them as being a friend.

Does that make sense to you?

How about work?  Productivity is down to record lows-- and it's because we all spend our time Twitting, Facebooking and yes-- BLOGGING.  Please folks, do some work.  Pull this friggin' economy out of the dumpster and take pride in actually accomplishing something in the real world.

Then you can Blog or Twit all about it.