ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Monday, April 25, 2011

Movie Monday: TCM This Week- SHERLOCK HOLMES!


To a lot of people, myself included, it's hard to think of anyone besides Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes.  For me, he is Sherlock-- although to be honest my favorite interpretation is probably Jeremy Brett and David Burke.

But Rathbone is an excellent choice, and this film, based on the stage play, sets Sherlock in 1880s London and has him going up against his arch enemy Moriarty.  This film spawned a series of films with Rathbone which lead to 13 sequels!

It's on TCM today at 10:45am-- you have my permission to call in sick.

Also of note this week:
Tues 10am - Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde (1941) with Spencer Tracy, Lana Turner and Ingrid Bergman.  At 8pm tonight is THE LOST WEEKEND with Ray Milland as a writer with a serious drinking problem.
Wed 415pm THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME (1939) with Charles Laughton.
On Thursday at 10pm Hitchcock's THE WRONG MAN -- not my favorite of his films but any Hitch is worth watching-- following that at Midnight is NORTH BY NORTHWEST which IS one of my favorite Hitchcock films.
On Friday at 6am you can catch Raquel Welch in a fur bikini in ONE MILLION BC (1966) and rounding out the week on Saturday at Noon is TARZAN's SECRET TREASURE (1941) which is a solid entry in the series.

TOMORROW: Crazy Am I?  On Display now