ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy Ok-a-tobah!


Ok-a-tobah would be the way my old pal Bela would have said it, and its my favorite month of the year.  I love the cool crisp nights-- and the pleasant but NOT hot days.

Ah, October my old friend.  The clocks change back to the REAL time of year-- none of this idiotic nonsense of trying to artificially add daylight (the day remains 24 hours long no matter how you tweak it).

I don't know what they're made of but I love 'em!
Even as a child my favorite holiday was Halloween-- hard to believe-- and it wasn't the candy-- I was never a kid with a sweet tooth-- to this day I'll take a hamburger over a candy bar any time.

But there was just something about being scared, monsters and moonlight that has a primal appeal to me.


Costumes back then were pretty primative too-- the masks would capture sweat and you'd cut your tongue on the mouth opening-- but that as the fun!

And while I'm on Halloween-- one of my favorite sites is CREEPY CLASSICS which happens to be where I pilfered the images from.

A great site and Ron is a great guy to deal with.
Get yourself in the spirit and check it out!