ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Things To Do Thursday: SHIRAZ!






I love this place-- here is my take on it via my YELP review.  If you want to see more of my YELPings click HERE.

What are you going to do in the Northeast in February?  You're going to shelter in place.  It's sixteen degrees out and there is friggin' snow everywhere.  If you feel like going out-- here's a great place:

SHIRAZ
359 Park Ave
The Big Woo

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP and GOOD!

Okay-- the decor, if that's what you call it, is in need of some help.  And Carpeting in a restaurant is ALWAYS a bad idea.  Cafeteria style chairs and tables, laminated menus-- get all that out of the way-- you aren't going to impress someone coming here, unless they are a foodie, because the food is outstanding.

The Chicken Shawarma, The Pork Kabobs and the Falafel Wrap (I ask them to add some chicken to it when I order it) are all my favorites.  I love their house salad too-- it's got the right amount of everything.

Very friendly waitstaff, prompt and courteous and it's never busy enough that I have to wait.  The Turkish Coffee is enough to curl your hair but I love it.

Parking lot in the back.