ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Thursday, May 1, 2014

THINGS SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE NEVER SAY #4



4. “It’s not my fault.”
Another one I really like.  And the flipside too-- take the blame.  If you did it, own up to it.  And if you're going to complain about it, sign your name to it or keep it to yourself.

I love the internet with it's host of hidden identities, people will say things on a message board they'd never say in public, well, I sign my name even on the internet.  I have confrontations with people all the time, because I stand behind what I say.  Grow up and do the same.

(From LINKEDIN)
No one wants to work with a blame shifter. After all, it’s just a matter of time before this person eventually shifts the blame onto you. Take ownership of your mistakes instead of pointing out where others have fallen short. Admitting to a mistake shows character and the ability to learn and grow from problems. Pointing the finger at someone else strongly implies you’ll never truly learn from your errors.