ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Monday, February 3, 2014

A New Tradition, The Same Prediction.

After learning that Pawxatawny Phil has predicted an early Spring 16 times out of 117 with a standing accuracy record of 39% I decided we needed to start a brand new tradition, and one that is a hell of a lot more reliable than whether or not a mindless rodent see's his shadow OUTDOORS where there is a SUN overhead.  How can he NOT see his shadow??

So I give you, without further adieu Worcester Will's Magic Eightball Weather Predictor.   The former eightball of my youngest son, Adam William Fish, who happens to be nicknamed Will by me.

I did as instructed-- I concentrated very hard, shook the eightball and came up with the following;

Now to be honest, I didn't concentrate-- in fact I wasn't sure if I asked it are we having an early spring or is winter done or six more weeks of winter or what-- part of the rules of Magic Eightball is you have to ask it a pretty strict well concentrated YES or NO question.

SO this time I actually asked it for realsies, this ain't no groundhog willy nilly thing-- this is EIGHTBALL after all;

WILL WE HAVE AN EARLY SPRING?

To which I got  this:


All right-- as any reasonable person might do not getting the answer they were looking for, I reformed the question and asked again--

IS WINTER ALMOST OVER?


I tested the EIGHTBALL multiple times to make sure I COULD get a positive response.

IS GEORGE LUCAS A HACK?

DID YOU UNDERSTAND MY FIRST QUESTION?


IS A PLASTIC BALL MORE RELIABLE THAN A GROUNDHOG IN PREDICTING THE WEATHER?

All right, that's it.
A NEW TRADITION-- Every FIRST MONDAY in FEBRUARY (Provided Phil has already made his prediction, in that case it will be the following Monday).

And I guess we're in for six more weeks of winter.