ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Aurora Frankenstein Model Kit




As a kid I was a terrified little bugger, afraid of my own shadow.
I would have begged my mom to buy one of these for me and then as night fell I would smash it to pieces in sheer terror-- and repeat the cycle by begging her to buy me another one certain that I could conquer my fear.  But I never could.



My friends and I would go to the Saturday Matinee each week, and one week, likely around Halloween, they showed Vincent Price in THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES and halfway through the terrorfest I ran full speed out of the theater and straight home-- two miles without stopping-- well except for crashing full on into a parking meter (twice) because I would keep looking behind me to see if Dr. Phibes was on my tail.

I think if someone had explained to me that the same actor who played Dr. Phibes was also Egghead on BATMAN maybe I would have recovered from my hysterics, but I doubt it.  I was pretty thick as a kid.

It's probably a good thing they don't make time machines, because I would go back and kick myself in the pants for being such an idiot.