ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Update on Andy Fish




Many readers of this blog may not know that I actually write and schedule these posts months in advance, as a matter of fact I'm covered here until mid December, so when you read on Twitter that I am down for the count undergoing major surgery and then come here and read my Gilly Man recommendations it leaves you to wonder what the heck is going on.

The truth is I suffered a major gall bladder attack, despite the fact that I do keep in shape and watch my diet, an old injury might have been the cause.  I spent Wednesday night in the hospital with Veronica at my side and Thursday early they rushed me into surgery with one of the most talented surgeons in the county, and it was a good thing, because it was bad, and it was even sketchy for a bit, in fact getting it right at the Nick of time.

I spent a few more days in the hospital and was released on Saturday.  I cannot say enough good things about the staff and doctors at UMASS MEMORIAL, they made the entire incident a positive experience.

I'm on the mend now, and yes Miriam you were right, you don't mess with gall bladders.  If I'd had this attack on the plane to Japan I would not have made it, so things happen for a reason.

Meanwhile, I appreciate all the well wishes you've sent me, and the blog will continue with whatever nonsense I wrote so many months ago.
The kind thoughts mean a lot to me.
Andy