ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Monday, June 3, 2013

TCM This Week THURSDAY IS MUST WATCH NIGHT!



The Great Dictator is on at 1115am-- it was a huge risk to make this in 1940, what with Chaplin being a Jew and Hitler not loving Jews and all- and it's a classic-- but I don't love Chaplin movies so much but this is one of his best.

THE RAINS CAME (1939) is on Tuesday at 8pm, it's Hollywood Hoakum (there word not mine) but with some really great special effects for its time.  Check it out.

Gotta bunch of westerns Wednesday CJ, so cancel all your plans (or set the DVR).  Starting at 8pm and all of them Anthony Mann vehicles.

Sha Bam!  Thursday D-Day  I'll be hard to reach because they have a lineup straight off my DVD shelf starting with BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN at 8pm-- one of my favorite movies of all time and followed by (I'm not going to give you times because you should watch all of them) GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS, CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA, KING KONG and CYLCOPS!  It's like Christmas came early-- and in my house Halloween is Christmas so it's not THAT early.  Oh man!  I'm in Marblehead for a lecture series-- the bed and breakfast better have TCM!!

Friday at 8pm is THE MALTESE FALCON which is my favorite John Houston- Humphrey Bogart film-- the stuff that dreams are made of.  Whoops!  Not the classic 1941-- that's on at 230am-- at 8pm is the horrible 1931 original version of FALCON-- which just goes to prove that some remakes are vastly superior to the original.