ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ah the Tick Tock!


The Tick Tock Diner on Eighth Avenue and 33rd Street in New York remains one of my favorite eating spots in a city I've grown less fond of than I used to be.  I think I was spoiled by the Rudy Days of clean streets and less crime.  Mickey Bloomberg has spent his energies banning large fountain drinks at the expense of seeing some of the cities neighborhoods become a little more seedy again-- and unfortunately the Tock falls in there.

My recent visit was still solid-- but I sat in a booth across from two goombah's from Jersey who were wearing so much cologne I thought I was in Paris, and the family on the other side of the divider was so loud I could barely hold a conversation.

But its still good solid food at non-tourist reasonable prices not too far from Midtown.