ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Thursday, April 11, 2013

The GREATEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME! Collect them all! O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?



2000 Directed by Joel and Ethan Coen
Released by Touchstone Pictures

Loosely based on Homer's THE ODYSSEY reimagined in the Southern United States Circa 1937 a trio of escaped convicts led by Ulysses Everett McGill (George Clooney) on a search for a hidden treasure.

Loaded with the usual crazy Coen characters and some really amazing dialogue;

Pomade Vendor: I can get the part from Bristol. It'll take two weeks, here's your pomade.
Ulysses Everett McGill: Two weeks? That don't do me no good.
Pomade Vendor: Nearest Ford auto man's Bristol.
Ulysses Everett McGill: Hold on, I don't want this pomade. I want Dapper Dan.
Pomade Vendor: I don't carry Dapper Dan, I carry Fop.
Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Pomade Vendor: Watch your language, young feller, this is a public market. Now if you want Dapper Dan, I can order it for you, have it in a couple of weeks.
Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!

The film also boasts a very impressive folk music score, which may make you a convert to the form.  Its mixed with a plot, interesting characters and a good dose of humor-- and excellent feel good movie.

Five Stars