ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston Marathon

Thanks to my friends and students who contacted me to make sure I was okay after the attacks in Boston.  My heart goes out to those who were not, but I was perfectly safe some 40 miles from the marathon

The cowardly attack at the Boston Marathon that resulted in the deaths of women and children will be found out, but the cynical side of me has to roll my eyes at the news commentators who are saying this will have a permanent affect on our lives.

No it won't.

I remember after the Sept 11th attacks these same commenters said this would mark the death of "nonsense" TV like SURVIVOR because we will all be much too sober to watch junk like that.  His words not mine.  12 years later and we are watching DUCK DYNASTY and HONEY BOO BOO.

We Americans are tough.  No question.  But we have short attention spans.  We tend to get wrapped up in our own lives, jobs, families and look to nonsense like HONEY BOO BOO to entertain us.

But that doesn't  mean we shouldn't stay vigilant.  We will not allow this type of thing to become commonplace here in the states.