ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

How to Improve your Bloggership

Even a picture that makes no sense is better than no pic at all.

Continued from yesterday!

7. Social media-- let people know you've got a new blog post.  I like LinkedIN which will also put your updates on Twitter and probably even Facebook (I don't have Facebook).  I like LinkedIN because it's all business related and that's all I really care about.

8. Give your days themes-- it makes it easier to write for.
The cold honest truth is by frequent updates I mean every day.  Or at least every weekday.  Why?
Because it becomes routine.
People wake up, go to work or their computer and while they are sipping their coffee they like to ease into the day-- so they have various sites they visit that they know are updated daily-- if yours is one it will make the cut.  Amazon even does it with the "Deal of the Day" and sometimes that deal is incredible!
Creepy Classics is a blog about old monster movies, sometimes all he does is change the poster, but he does it (or did it) almost every day so it would get me to jump over and see what the poster was.  As soon as he stopped changing it daily (because life got in the way) I got out of the habit of checking it, which caused me to get out of the habit of ordering from him.   See the effect?

9. Trust that you aren't just writing into a void-- especially if you insist on people using that dopey ID recognition device to post a comment.  I HATE those things-- even though I use them myself because I also hate spam posting.

I don't know why they have to use words that don't exist but that's there dilly not mine.

Sometimes you feel like shouting "Is anyone reading this thing??!!" then you check your stats and realize holy crap, yes someone is!  Just because they don't comment doesn't mean they don't read it.

10. Commit yourself, make those updates, write and add to the online community!