For the past five years we've been developing the ART OF GRAPHIC NOVELS online course through Emerson College, at first I was against the idea of online, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it's the way graphic novels are done.
I communicate with editors and publishers completely through the internet, so having a course like this is a natural.
Just some of what you'll learn in my class:
1. Storytelling-- how to come up with ideas, keep the plot and pacing moving and knowing what to keep and what to cut.
2. Composition-- what's the best way to show what you're trying to tell?
3. The importance of professional lettering; learning to love your words as much as your pictures.
4. How to prevent over-writing.
5. Finding the right shot-- the importance of thumbnailing.
6. Inking techniques
7. Using reference
Sign up today! Visit the website here or email Linda_Sutherland@emerson.edu and tell her you want to sign up for Andy Fish's class!
Next set of classes starts January 29, 2013