ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS MOVIES: It's A Wonderful Life Scrooge!

The big two in terms of Christmas movies for me...


SCROOGE (1970) Albert Finney plays Scrooge to perfection and this musical (!!) version is very close in spirit to the original Charles Dickens Story (which I re-read every year).  Plenty of ghosts and spookies in this one-- remember there was a time when Christmas involved Ghost Stories!


IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE (1946) I know just the thought of it will make many of you run for your hatchets but this is really a great movie, and I tear up everytime George Bailey's brother Harry toasts him at the end.  "To George Bailey-- the richest man in town!"

That's it!  Enjoy your Christmas, relax and check out Dickens classic A CHRISTMAS CAROL-- it's a short read but I think you'll enjoy it.