ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A COLD REMEDY THAT WORKS!


I used to get a pretty regular cold when the season changes here in New England-- likely do to the temp changes inside and outside as well as doing art classes with kids who don't always practice good hygiene.

Not anymore my friends, not since I discovered the joys of Wasabi.

I don't have the greatest memory in the world and I haven't had a cold in so long that when I did get one I forgot about this-- going out to dinner I opted for a Japanese restaurant and ordered extra Wasabi with my meal-- and I took it like a man.

Getting home, I also used my tried and true method using the S&B brand which I love.

Here's how it works.

Take a saltine cracker and squeeze a good amount of the stuff right on it.   Get yourself a drink (I like A&W Rootbeer) other than water.

Sit down-- pop the cracker in your mouth in one bite and chew-- if the pain gets too high (and it's going to get pretty intense) pop a plain cracker in to soften the effect.  Your nasal passages are going to burn like crazy-- but trust me-- whatever virus is existing in your head will take the high road out of Dodge and if a few minutes of intense burning pain isn't worth killing a cold where it stands I don't know what is.

Be advised, if you are sensitive to spicy food this is going to be a shock to your system.  But it works.  The S&B brand is available in your grocery store and on Amazon too.