ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist


You're reading his old blog-- so change your bookmarks to his NEW improved BLOG.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Studio is Ready to Go

Main Area (R) and smaller work station (L)
Spent the last three days cleaning out my studio-- oh man.
I tend to work in clutter and it only gets worse-- but this time it got to the point that I was ready to call a dumpster to get the plethora of books, reference material and art supplies out of here.

I removed my sit-down desk and Captain Kirk Chair and built this large work table that I can either sit at with a tall chair or stand at (as I like to do most of the time).  My drawing table is up high enough too that I can stand at it.

It's preferable to stand-- I can work 12 hour days and I don't want to turn to a lump of jelly sitting in a chair that long.  I have heavy cushioned mats and a lot of room to move around.

After nearly 36 straight hours I got it to where it's so much better.  It's not perfect, if I want it perfect then I unleash Veronica on it but the sacrifice there will be I won't be able to find anything -- but maybe it gets to that.

This time I'm going to try hard to avoid piles.  REALLY really hard.

Now it's on to DRACULA-- I'm planning on it being completely done in 30 days.  Freelance might get in the way, but that's the goal.