ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Monday, May 28, 2012

This Week on TCM; Crime Doctor


Light week for recommendations this week, with Memorial Day they'll host a bunch of War movies-- which except for PATTON (1970) is just not my thing.
Wednesday is Joel McCrea night-- with a bunch of Westerns with McCrea, I'm afraid I don't love Westerns either-- don't think I haven't tried.

Thursday starting at 6am you've got 12+ hours of THE CRIME DOCTOR series, which are neat little programmers which entertained audiences back then and remain entertaining now.  It's my if you're gonna watch something give it a go Pick Pic of the week.

DOG DAY AFTERNOON (1975) is on at Midnight-- it's the kind of movie you're going to stick with if you start watching it, which may make you late for work on Friday.

THE HITCH-HIKER (1953) Directed by Ida Lupino is on at 915am Saturday-- great little movie that inspired THE HITCHER many years later.

DICK TRACY continues his serial adventures after that and the ESSENTIALS is ALICE DOESN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE with Kris Kristofferson who was doing what Jeff Bridges is doing now but wasn't winning any Oscars for it.

I wouldn't watch it if you offered me endless Oreos, but you should give it a shot if that's something you might be able to stomach.