ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Last Saturday at WAM

Outgoing Ed Director Honee Hess and I look at the results of the 24 hour comic challenge last year.

Yowie Wow Zowie!
I've been teaching at the Worcester Art Museum in youth classes since 2000-- and those classes are often held on Saturdays.  In fact when I first started I only taught on Saturdays, and I only taught 8-10 year olds.  Now my concentration is on the more intensive classes with older kids, what a long trip it's been.
Well, that's it for me, at least on Saturdays, at least for now.  Yesterday was my last Saturday.

Ever.

I've taught Saturdays for only one reason; the amazing students I get to interact with.  I love working with these talented kids usually 11-17 years old-- lately I've been working with them in various forms of animation classes.

I'll be staying with youth classes on Thursdays and weekdays through the Summers, but as far as Saturdays go, it's time for me to put them to rest.  I enjoy time with family and friends (not to mention Football in the fall) too much and time is to short.

Plus, with the restructuring currently going on at WAM in the Ed Wing I'm not even all that certain they'll always be a place for me there.

A chapter ends.