ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist


You're reading his old blog-- so change your bookmarks to his NEW improved BLOG.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Boston Comic Con Wrap Up

Pic of the show from last year via THE COMIC KING
Boston Comic Con has grown into a pretty huge event since the days when it was situated in the Back Bay in a few small rooms just 4-5 years ago.  Organized by the fine folks at Bedrock Comics in Framingham it has grown with an amazing focus on comics-- which sounds ridiculous I know, but in this day when the San Diego Comic Con is more about movies than anything to do with Comics that's a big sentence.

I've done cons all over the country-- from New York to Chicago to the West Coast and I have to say that Boston now stands with the best of them.

This year, I attended at the behest of Emerson College, to promote their online comics/graphic novel program and talked to many prospective students about joining.  As an aside, Emerson's program is top notch and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in exploring the art form.

Veronica attended as well, although situated a few rows over in artists alley along with our good buddy and fellow comic artist Brit Snyder.  Doing the show for Emerson presented a challenge for me financially since I wasn't hawking any of my own work or books, but still I managed to knock out a few quick sketches for fans and meet some great people.

The show runs every April at the Hynes and I'm already excited to sign up for next year.