ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist


You're reading his old blog-- so change your bookmarks to his NEW improved BLOG.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Spider in Process DYNAMITE


DYNAMITE Entertainment has the license for some amazing characters including THE SPIDER, THE SHADOW, ZORRO and a whole host of others!  As a life-long pulp fan I've got to get in there with one of their titles-- so I'm going to work up some samples to send over and thought I'd let you get a look at my process.

First step is to figure out the story-- since this is a sample I want to get right to the action-- thugs standing around about to be jacked by The Spider seems pretty solid.  So I draw out my thumbnails in green full size on a digital tablet.  I even drop the lettering on top of those pencils.


One of the benefits to working digitally is that I don't have to pencil crazy details and can get right into the inks.  I wanted the gangster characters to have some real style so giving one of them rat-like features seemed like a good idea.

I am pretty fast-- I can do about two pages a day at this pace not including colors-- and I'll send them both BW and color samples from these.

TOMORROW- The finished BW page.