This Sunday at the COOLIDGE CORNER with MORGAN SPURLOCK for a Q&A afterwards. Spurlock is the legendary director of SUPERSIZE ME and the terrific show 30 Days so I'm very excited to see his take on the San Diego Comic Con AND get the opportunity to talk with him too.
TICKETS are on sale now-- but there won't be a lot available!
Have you ever imagined a place where Vulcans and vampires get along? Where wizards and wookies can be themselves? Welcome to Comic-Con San Diego. What started as a fringe comic book convention for 500 fans has grown into the pop culture event of the year that influences every form of entertainment, now attended by over 140,000 strong.
Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope - a film by Morgan Spurlock (Super-Size Me) explores this amazing cultural phenomenon by following the lives of five attendees as they descend upon the ultimate geek mecca at San Diego Comic-Con 2010:
- Eric, an aspiring illustrator, is hoping to impress publishers and land a job;
- Holly, costume and creature designer, hopes her creations will win the big prize;
- Chuck, a long-time comic book dealer, is looking for a big sale to pay off his debts;
- Skip, longtime amateur illustrator wants to be discovered at this year’s event;
- James, a young fan, hopes his girlfriend will accept a dramatic proposal.
One on one interviews with Comic-Con veterans who have turned their passions into professions include Stan Lee, Joss Whedon, Frank Miller, Kevin Smith, Matt Groening, Seth Rogen, Eli Roth and others are shared throughout the film along with up close and up front coverage of all the panels, parades, photos, costumes, crowds and camaraderie that make up one of the largest fan gatherings in the U.S.
Presented by Stan Lee and Joss Whedon, Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope is directed by Morgan Spurlock; produced by Spurlock, Jeremy Chilnick, Matthew Galkin, Harry Knowles and Thomas Tull; and written by Spurlock and Chilnick.