ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Friday, February 10, 2012

Higher Education and Cartooning

Great work by Mike Peters!  Thanks buddy!

I've gotten a LOT of interest regarding my class at EMERSON College in Boston on Graphic Novels and while it's not a requirement (obviously) to have a degree to produce a graphic novel, the lessons you'll learn in both this class and the others in the program will go a long way towards helping you get the skills you need.

I think it's a worthwhile class and it's based on everything I've learned over the years both with classes at SVA, The Words and Pictures Museum and essentially everything put into my How To Books.  I'm thrilled to have the students I have this time around, some from the Boston area, some from the midwest and even one in London and another in Cairo.

SIGN up with Emerson if you want to be part of an amazing program at a long respected institution of higher learning.  This semester has begun but you can jump on for the Summer session.

It's not essential to have a degree and be a cartoonist, but the skills and techniques you'll learn will go a long way towards helping you achieve success!