ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Monday, January 30, 2012

This Week On TCM: SUSPICION!

Suspicion (1941) is on tonight at 2am-- okay I know, it's actually on Tuesday at 2am but you know what I mean.  Alfred Hitchcock's classic thriller features Cary Grant as a possible murderer-- and it could have been a contender but instead wins the category "biggest cheat" in an ending.  Still worth watching and I'm calling it the MUST SEE this week.

HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS (1970) is on tomorrow night at 10pm.   It's a big budget offering of a popular daytime soap opera which featured werewolves and vampires and is currently being remade by Tim Burton in a new film with Johnny Depp.

THE PHILADELPHIA STORY (1940) is on Wednesday at 10:15pm and it deserves its solid reputation featuring Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn and Jimmy Stewart in a bit of filmed stage work.

TREASURE OF SIERRA MADRE (1948) is on at 10:15pm Thursday-- Humphrey Bogart won an academy award (I think) for his role in this movie about three desperate men chasing gold.

The Essentials this week is MY FAIR LADY (1964) of which you could not make me watch.  I'm sure it's great and if it's an essential you can't go wrong but I'm not going to be joining you.