ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist


You're reading his old blog-- so change your bookmarks to his NEW improved BLOG.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

SUPERMAN!

Hot Toys is an action figure maker that produces figures which are museum quality-- if there's a museum that features toys let me know and I'm there.

I almost bit when they did an absolutely drop dead GENERAL URSUS figure from Planet of the Apes but the $200 price tag scared me off-- well now that figure is selling for $950 in the after market so I'm kicking myself that I didn't get one when I could.

Their latest figure is modeled on Christopher Reeve-- the actor who is the icon for live-action Superman films (for me George Reeves will always be Superman) but I couldn't pass this one up this time-- so early birthday present for myself.

A great figure that is so detailed you expect it to talk to you, and a portion of the proceeds goes to the Christopher Reeve foundation-- so it's win-win!