ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Saturday, October 8, 2011

THE LOST BOYS (1987) Joel Schumacher

"I'll pray...I never have to call you"
THE LOST BOYS (1987) is one of my favorite movies.  It falls into that group of films that don't seem to fit in my collection-- among CITIZEN KANE, THE BIG SLEEP, GUNGA DIN and REAR WINDOW on my DVD shelf there sits PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE and THE LOST BOYS.

Directed by Joel Schumacher and produced by Richard Donner this 80s hipster movie is about a young man who has to relocate to a small California town with his Mom and brother and has trouble fitting in with all the vampires.   Lucky for him, the kids working at the town comic book store-- The Frog Brothers-- are ready to stand with him to fight the undead.

This has a stellar cast including Dianne Wiest, Corey Haim, Corey Feldman, Bernard Hughes as the eccentric grandfather they've had to move in with, Kiefer Sutherland and Edward Herrmann.

It's well written, has an obnoxious but great 80s music score and is filmed so well that it gave me hopes that Schumacher would make a great Batman film (he didn't).

Available on NETFLIX Instant View