ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Worcester Film Works SPACEBALLS


It's free it's on the big screen and it's tonight.
I like that Worcester Film Works is doing these even if they've chosen movies from the DVD section of Blockbuster labeled "Movies Andy Fish doesn't like"-- one of my favorite things was Turner Classic Movies programming a day of only movies I love on my birthday last year-- so cool!

But I give WFW a ton of credit and with deadlines this week I probably wouldn't be able to make it even if they were showing JAWS or PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE.

Spaceballs is one of those movies that gets old with time.  I liked it the first time I saw it, sure it drags in places, but overall it was pretty funny.  The second time I saw it I changed the channel about halfway through and every other time I've caught it on the tube I hesitate for about three minutes then go elsewhere.

I'm probably in the minority but I don't think Mel Brooks is a genius.   I liked him on MAD ABOUT YOU as Paul's crazy uncle Phil-- and YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is certainly a good movie.  But the rest of his movies leave me bored-- including -- get ready for it- BLAZING SADDLES which I just don't find charming at all.

But go-- support the sponsors and take part in your community!