ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Friday, August 19, 2011

SWEET on SHREWSBURY STREET





What's the excitement over cupcakes lately?  It's not like they are a new creation. Cupcakes have been around for a long time and now suddenly it's fashionable to have boutiques like this offering cupcakes with the consistency of a lead weight at full cake prices.

Not for me.  This Barbie Dream House of a Bakery is like a Chick Flick come to life.  I was as uncomfortable in here as I was when I accidentally walked into a Japanese Teen Girl Manga shop in Tokyo and then couldn't find my way out-- Japan isn't known for public safety signs.



But if you dig cupcakes-- apparently these are good enough to be on the Food Network's CUPCAKE WARS or CUPCAKE BATTLES or one of those other shows where cupcakes duke it out.   Me?  I'll stick to regular plain ol' cake.