ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pope Hats


I don't read a lot of comics, but POPE HATS is one I like.  It's nicely done and features an interesting story about a girl and her ghost.   It's a little light on the content but I find I'm interested in what happens next.

I'm also reading the Jaime Hernandez new collections of his work on Love and Rockets-- one of the best independent comics of the 1980s.  Maggie the Mechanic is the first volume in the series and it's the weakest of the group since he was just finding his way with the characters and the story.  But if you're someone who likes to start at the beginning then this is the place.  If you don't mind jumping ahead-- grab THE GIRL FROM HOPPERS which is v2 and features more polished art and story than Maggie does.

Either way, some terrific summer reading here.