ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Monday, June 27, 2011

Movie Monday: HITCHCOCK!


One of my favorite directors is featured tonight at 8 with a lineup of some of his lesser known films;
Starting with STAGE FRIGHT, followed by I CONFESS, DIAL M FOR MURDER, THE WRONG MAN and STRANGERS ON A TRAIN-- although you won't be turning in until about 5:30am if you stay up for all of the features.

I confess I've never seen Stage Fright or I Confess and The Wrong Man remains one of the few Hitch films pre 1964 that I don't like.  I've never dug Marnie up from the maestro-- and I've watched The Wrong Man at least twice and it just doesn't work for me.

But even bad Hitchcock is better than 90% of the dreck that passes for movies so give 'em a shot.

THE BIG SLEEP (1946) is on at 10am Tuesday-- one of my absolute favorite films and it stars Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall (my favorite Hollywood couple).

Thursday night's Monster Movie Bash comes to an end featuring some really great sci-fi entries from the golden age including THE H-MAN from Toho (the film company responsible for Godzilla and Seven Samurai).