ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Friday, May 13, 2011

Building The Frankenstein Monster Part II

Finding the right Mannequin is harder than you might think.


Very few manufacturer's design these with the idea of a Frankenstein Monster in mind.  So while the one on the far left MIGHT work-- it sort of looks like he's about to launch in to Master of The House from Les Miserables.

I want something more iconic for the pose-- this one for example-- its iconic:


Ha!  I joke.  Although the idea of the monster playing baseball is certainly cool with me-- I'm looking for truly iconic in terms of the pose.


This is the one I'm looking for.  In Mary Shelley's novel, the Creature is written as being 8 feet tall, in the 1931 film Karloff was more likely 6'2" thanks to the lift of his platform boots.
After some extended searching I found this one online:


NEXT WEEK: Part III
Tomorrow: DRACULA!