ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Predict! A Follow Up!


I did my best Criswell Predictions last month and now let's see how I did:

1. Snow, which pummeled the Northeast in January, was a powder puff in February-- much to the relief of everyone.  Unseasonably warm weather resulted in the early Spring that Punxatawny Phil predicted, resulting in artist Bret M. Herholz heading to Pennsylvania to propose marriage to the rodent, much to the chagrin of his fiancee.

2. Charlie Sheen is back in rehab-- why anybody cares continues to elude us.

3. I'm knee deep in taxes and as much as I love my accountant I really don't want to spend any more time with him.  I should be able to pay off the money I owe Uncle Sam by 2025.

4. I continued my streak of NOT watching a single episode of Jersey Shore, Jerseylicious, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars or ANY of the other pieces of crap passing off as entertainment on network TV.

5. DRACULA Book Two hits stores next month, this time with no printing problems, distribution difficulties or shipping delays.  Wow-- that was easy!


The Results:
I did remarkably well.  
1. I totally called the snow-- I expect high fives from everyone I see.  My prediction virtually WIPED out that non-stop snow we were getting.  CJ, I expect a box of Black Licorice in my WAM Mailbox, you're welcome.  And to the rest of my fellow snow haters-- we did it.  I studied meteorology for a while and can often predict storms and seasonal changes-- I know how goofy that sounds but its true.


2. Still don't care.


3. I'm out of the tax zone-- it's not pretty.  It's never pretty when you have to pay taxes, but since the blog is now light toned that's all I'm going to say.


4. Nailed it.   I'll add that and cigarettes and asparagus to the things I'm giving up for Lent.  Since I'm neither catholic or a smoker I'm pretty sure I can stick with it.  Veronica might sneak  Asparagus into my Omelet so I can't be sure about that.


5. You know, it actually did go pretty smoothly.  Woo hoo!