ANDY FISH

ANDY FISH is a comic book artist

Friday, March 18, 2011

Book I'm Reading: Bag Of Bones

Apparently I'm a little behind on my Stephen King reading-- since this is the 10th anniversary edition of Bag Of Bones.

I'm reading this on my Nook and like all good King books (and I would say the vast majority of them are) this one grabs you and keeps you along for the ride.  I'm trying something vastly different with this book-- I'm attempting to read just one chapter a day.  My normal modus operandi is to read a book in a day or two-- at the sacrifice of sleep-- I'm a pretty fast reader but have an incredibly short attention span so this has always been the best way for me to absorb whatever is written.

But I want to try and stop doing that-- I'm making an effort to change that Short Attention Span.

One of the things I like best about King's stories is the sense of normalcy he gives them, then interjects some horribly frightening event, then back to normalcy.  His ability to create realistic characters is outstanding.